Frank Paris wrote:

> > As much as I like science and the scientific method, it is, when it
> > comes down to it, just another religion, and I don't like science
> > zealots (I'm not suggesting Roger is one, BTW).
> >

> That is total bunk. Scientism may be a religion, but science isn't. Saying
> it is indicates you don't know what it is.

Oh, Frank,

Spoken like someone whose religion was just challenged.  I'm told if I
really knew God I wouldn't question him either.  Science is whatever the
ruling scientist claim is true now.  I suppose its actually almost all
"bad science" since so much of it ends up changed or re-written as we go
along.  Even "laws" like those of gravity
fall apart when the objects get small enough.

Art