Sorry for all the questions concerning the Scan Dual II.  My intentions are
to scan slides with the software and do all colour, curve, ... corrections
within Photoshop 6.0.  When scanning using the Minolta software I never
touch the image correction tools.  I usually just crop and focus adjustments
before the final scan.  Am I better choosing 16-bit or 16-bit linear for the
data settings under preferences.  Is there any difference between these two
if I don't alter the colour or curve correction settings in the software?

Many thanks,
Felix Sieder