>       My question is, how do I know if adobe gamma is going to set the monitor
> at 2.2, or if the 3dfx software will over-ride and set the gamma to
> whatever you set it at?  The monitor gamma seems much higher than the
> voodoo card's default value of 1.00.

Use one or the other! If you use both, there is no knowing what will be happening.

>       Also, why does the adobe gamma software tell you to adjust the monitor
> contrast to the maximum?

Because Adobe Gamma does the attenuation of contrast instead of the monitor control.
Obviously, if it isn't set to maximum, there may be insufficient freedom for software
adjustment within Adobe Gamma.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &