Roman Kielich® <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> negs and slides are very alike. Both use silver halides, and multiple
layer
> design (2-3 layers for one band, varied speed). Even films like Astia
100 -
> 3 yellow, 3 magenta, 3 cyan, plus auxiliary. This is a common concept.

Sure, but I was thinking of the photomicrographs which were shown a while
ago.  The colour neg showed a very large variation in the sizes of dye
clouds and the clouds appeared as very sharply defined grains, while the
Provia was amorphous.  My question wasn't really "do the films use multiple
layers" since I already knew all ektachrome films do - it was related more
to the variation in "grain" size which usually is connected with film speed.

> Our problems with LS30 may be caused by "colimated" light of LEDs, as
> oposite to diffuse illumination in most scanners. In similar manner as in
> enlargers with point light source vs. diffused.

Maybe, but it doesn't (to me) explain the huge difference in apparent grain
between slide film and negative film.

Rob