Ed,

Has anyone had any luck with Vuescan and the Umax Astra series
scanners?  I may order an Astra 3400 (USB connection, not SCSI) and am
curious if you believe Vuescan would support this scanner or someone has
verified that it does indeed work.  My goal is simply to scan a few
maps, as well as utilize the scanner's ability to calibrate my printer
using Profiler RGB.  For the best calibration, I would prefer to use
Vuescan rather than the software package that comes with the Umax Astra,
so long as your software supports the scanner.  Advice?

Robert DeCandido