Sorry about this newbie question, but:
For use with Mac G4, which is best choice?

Issues I know of:
--both come with PS-LE
--Vuescan cannot be used with Scan Dual II (USB-Mac)
--both offer 12-bit output
--both advertise 3.2 density range
--Scan Dual II ~$480 vs Canon ~$530 (adding for Mac-compatible SCSI adaptor)
(supplied one not for Mac)
--neither offers multiscanning or ICE

I think Scan Dual II may have some better features.  But I wonder how much I
would be giving up by not having Vuescan.

My orientation:  To be used for art, supporting Zeiss optics on tripod, neg
and pos film.  Considering learning curve issues, I may start out with one
of the above and Epson 870 printer, and later upgrade to better scanner and
Epson 2000.

I would greatly appreciate some expert opinions on this choice.

Thanks,
Berry