Hi!

The info was mostly intended for Ed Hamrick, but here is a short info on GIMP.

GIMP stands for the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It's available mainly
for UNIX-es, including Linux, but has been ported to Windows, too. It's
similar to PhotoShop mostly, and very feature laden, but lacks color
management and is said not to be really useful for YCMK work.

It contains a filter for removing dust and scratches which I find very
useful, and also a pretty good sharpening filter.

The greate value of GIMP, besides beeing free, is that it's available in
source code.

Here is the http address: http://www.gimp.org
Regards

Erik Kaffehr