On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:47:44 -0800  shAf ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Your question would beg another ... "Is your scanner capable of a
> larger gamut than sRGB?"  If not, then your PS working color space may
> as well be sRGB, but you don't lose anything if the scanner embeds
> sRGB and you subsequently convert to AdobeRGB when you open the file

That's what I thought, too. Maybe Ed knows what the firmware allows.

> testing. (... which brings up a personal peeve ... "Why don't scanner
> test/reviews give us some idea of the color capacity of scanners?"

Noted, with some dismay :) All you get out are RGB values within whatever space,
too many variables including the user's settings of software for objective
measurements AFAICS.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &