Ed makes us aware ...

> I just released VueScan 6.4.9 for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

    I seemed to have fixed my previous problem with v.6.4.9 (...
scanning a disk file and it coming up non-rotated and as a negative
...) by restarting Vuescan.  (What changed shall remain a mystery, but
I hate it when that happens ...*smile*...)

    I am now getting very good results by following your suggestion
for setting the 'brightness' to 0.7 for negatives ... however, what
Vuescan shows me and what I end up with in Photoshop is quite
different (what being acceptable ends up in PS, Vuescan showing me a
darker image).
    One suggestion for VS6.5 would be for an accurate preview/scan
display in Vuescan.  I have learned to trust what VS delivers in spite
of what it shows me, but newcomers will surely modify the brightness
setting based on what Vuescan shows them.  Why the difference?  Is it
simply not knowing what the display ICM is??

shAf  :o)