Hi Robert.

"Robert E. Wright" wrote:

>  I've always thought the correct curves were dependant on the image content
> and attempting to write general curves, even for each roll of film, would
> not be successful.

Colour negative film doesn't vary from second to second as most people seem to
think.
It used to be printed on photographic paper you know, using the same filter pack
for an entire roll, or even an entire batch of film!

The technique of starting from a raw scan, and applying a generic correction
over multiple frames is the only way to get even colour and density across
multi-frame panoramas.

Rather than use curves, it's easier to use the levels tool, and align both ends
of the red, green, and blue histograms, IMHO.

Regards,   Pete.