>Then I scan the slide at the desired resolution. I test
>different settings in VueScan and each time performes an Scan Mem When
>I'm satisfied with the look within VueScan I switch it on again and do a
>last scan mem to output the file. This way I can use the fast scan mem
>to tweak VueScan to best results in a very fast way and I only have to
>actually scan the slide twice (preview + scan).

The reason I do a scan at a medium resolution (usually 705 dpi) to test out
different settings before doing the final scan at 2820 dpi is because even
scanning from memory a 2820 dpi 64 bit RGBI scan can take awhile.  The
intermediate scan from memory at 705 dpi finishes pretty quickly.  I
typically do 4-8 of these before I'm ready to do the 2820 dpi scan.