Is "physical reality" a technical term?  And aren't you confusing color
resolution with whatever "physical reality" is?  If I grant that the
phosphor response of monitors is flat between 0,0,240 and 0,0,255, how does
this impinge on whether that color "real?"  You are conflating two issues,
so I can't follow what argument you are really trying to make.

shAf writes ...

> Frank writes:
> And on my monitor, it DOES produce a real color,
> because I can SEE it.

        How can you say you "see" 0,0,255 when 0,0,254 is the same color??
... I doubt you can start "seeing" any difference between these "pure"
blues until 0,0,240 ... they are all the same ... especially in
monitor space ... put up a gradient and prove it to yourself.  Even
without regard to monitor gamut, 0-0-255 falls outside the L*a*b gamut
... which is the only color definition defined to come even close to
physical reality.