> > >   I am claiming you'll never be able to photograph an
> > equivelent of
> > > RGB=255-0-0.  If you do surely let the color community know  :o)
> >
> > You still don't understand that RGB triads are not absolute
> > colors, and so what you say does not make sense.
> > They can only be *mapped* to absolute
> > colors through some kind of color calibration process, and
> > there's no way that you can claim that 255-0-0
> > does not map to a color in  any particular
> > space after I have calibrated my monitor, without looking
> > at the color mapping in the profile file.

>       I do imagine what you describe being a possibility, but I can't
> imagine why.

Don't imagine, take it as a fact.  It was just done that way, because there
was no requirement for super accurate color work when RGB monitors were
first made.  Red was just the red gun of the monitor...etc, and different
manufacturers made different guns etc, so they are all relative, until they
are calibrated.