Actually, I wasn't the one who brought this up, but there certainly is a
considerable difference in these two standard illuminant sources. D65 (the
number should be a subscript) is light with the approximate color
temperature of 6,500 K. and D50 is light with the approximate color
temperature of 5,000 K. One is for viewing the original object outdoors and
the other for viewing a reproduction indoors. Once the eye becomes
accommodated, it shouldn't notice a difference between the two lightings,
but to see that in fact there is a considerable difference, try switching
your monitor between these two temperatures. You'll see a pretty distinct
difference. But all this is an aside. I didn't quite understand the points
you were trying to make in your latest post, so I can't judge whether any
progress has been made on either side in understanding what the other is
saying.

Frank Paris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]