From: Frank Paris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 11:21 PM
To: Filmscanners
Subject: Example of Provia 400F grain

The following is a small section of a 4000 dpi scan of a Provia 400F slide.
I don't know what people are taking pictures of that inspire them to rave
about the fine grain of this film, but personally I find the grain in the
faces on this snippet offensive. I must confess that I have little
experience shooting 400 speed transparencies, since I have shot 100 and
slower all my life without giving the fast speeds much of a chance. So maybe
I just don't know what people find acceptable. If people experienced
shooting 400 speed slides think the grain in this example is perfectly fine,
then I guess I just will never shoot with that speed film.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=62684&a=11115928

Frank Paris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]