Hi Tony.

> I haven't a problem with the gamut, it's wider than most print processes, it's that
> the Epson's seem incapable of subtlety in places. This becomes fairly obvious if
> you try and print a graduated bar that runs through all hues. This seems to be the
> case in sRGB or anything else.

I've found the same with the 1270. Colour is either in your face, or practically
non-existent.
What's worse is that the saturation varies across the spectrum.
The inability to control the red and yellow saturation separately is infuriating, and
the print cost per sheet is disgusting.
Mine's going back under Epson's buy-back programme.
I can wait 'til they come to their senses and take the stupid chip out of the
cartridges, and realise that saturation isn't everything.

Regards,  Pete.