Stefano wrote:
>I just got my brand new computer over the weekend and tried to install
>drivers and software for my Canon FS 2710 on it. My PC works on Windows 2000
>and I encountered *huge* problems in getting the PC to recognize the
>scanner.

I have installed the FS2710 on W2k ok, but it was not quite straightforward. I used
the page of instructions, which is specifically about doing this, on the Australian
Canon website. It then all worked, except for the twain recognition of the scanner
from within PS. To fix this I had to get SCSI software from the Adaptec website for
the AIC7850 card. The downloaded file is w2k_v100b_pci_drvs.exe.  I am using the card
which came with the scanner, by the way.

Don't forget to run the Canon Automatic configuration. Doing that sometimes solves
problems.

Colin Maddock