Roger Miller -> Many thanks for the detailed reply.

You said:
>Scanning 35mm at 4000 dpi for use on the web was fine.  But when I tried to
print >an 11x17, it was blurry even after sharpening in Photoshop.  Worst of
all, >sharpening made the skin tones look blotchy."

I;m glad you mentioned this. The main reason for getting a 3600/4000 dpi
scanner for me, would be the possiblity of being able to submit scans for
double page magazine spreads at 300dpi. Would the Kodak/Polariod be up to
this?

If I do settle for a 2700dpi scanner (allowing me to go up to A4 single page
reproduction) Would there be that much less quality than if i did the A4 scan
on the 4000dpi scanner?

Many thanks

Tony