From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 8:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Anyone having problems with Scan@leben?

In a message dated 08/02/2001 6:56:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Quite honestly, anyone who uses a PC without running a competent antvirus
 program is driving down a one way street with their eyes closed. Norton AV
 costs very little ($40US), updates are automatic (nightly here) and free
 for a year, >>

Norton is (was) very HEAVY on my system.  It would constantly crash and burn
regularly and slow down my system to the point it was unusable.  I believe I
tried it when they came out with 6.0 (?) version 1 1/2 years ago I think.
Maybe they got the kinks worked out of it but it left such a bad taste in my
mouth I swore I would never try it again.  Should I?

Ed