I have yet to find anything that removes water spots once they have dried; there are things which will reduce them - especially their obviousness  - as you have found.  I have even tried rewashing the film.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chris Hargens
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 6:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: filmscanners: Removing water spots

Any suggestions for removing water spots on film? I've tried Ethol's antistatic film cleaner. It did reduce the stains -- so it helps a bit -- but if something more effective is available I'd like to hear about it. How about Pec 12? I've also heard that rewashing film in developer can help remove stains -- not sure I'd like to go this route without trying something over--the-counter first.

Chris