From: Barbara & Martin Greene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 7:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: filmscanners: Re: Filmscanners dust removal software/ SS4000

Just how effective are the dust removal programs that one can use with the
SS 4000?  I do not work in anything like a pristine environment, and, much
to my surprise, have discovered that my slides, as sharp and perfectly
exposed as they are, are covered with all sorts of dust, scratches and junk.
Some of which may be due to the processing lab I use.   How effective are
the programs that come with the SS 4000?  How effective is Vuescan?  Do
those who have serious dust problems find these programs to work well enough
together with a limited amount of work with Photoshop's rubber stamp?

Martin