On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:14:46 +1000, you wrote:

>Obscanning: Has anyone else noticed the difference in sharpness between
>their lenses when scanning films?

Absolutely.  At least with the "gross" differences.  Most of my lenses
are pretty sharp, but I have some shots taken with the kit lens I
first got with one of my cameras, and you can definetly tell.

The *real* eye-opener for me since going over to film scanning is how
much more you can see film grain.  Just in my initial trials, the
grain-removal filter in Viewscan has come in handy a few times - like
with some Tri-X shots.  I think it works very well, unobtrusive.

Ken