I rely on the film profiles in Vuescan to get me somewhere near accurate
colours when scanning colour neg, especially as I am partially colour blind.
However I have had some trouble recently using Fuji Superia 400, S-400. I am
finding the Super G 400 G2 profile is quite cold and I am having to use the
Neutral setting instead of White Balance but it is often too warm! I have
tried to scan the film base but with no success - it just ends up being a
grain filled blue/yellow mess - I was hoping to do my own profile and lock
the colour.

Any guidance or advice would be much appreciated.

Philip Elkin