Aargh!  And to make matters worse, I included all the previous messages.  OK
to try get back on topic, does anyone know if the calibration card that was
supplied with the original HP PhotoSmart film scanner is still available?  A
search of HP's site suggests that I can just use a piece of white
paper...haven't tried that yet thought it might be better to get the real
item.  I won't be able to compare results directly since the plastic card
got eaten by a hungrey whippet.  Maybe this is a sign that I should get a
better scanner, but my budget doesn't support that right now.

Ken