I would appreciate any help that you folks can offer with a VueScan problem.

My copy of VueScan is no longer functional, as it will not open.  I am
running it on Windows ME.  I have been updating with new versions as they
have been released.  I have not had as much time to scan lately as I would
like, so I can not guarantee that each update has been working totally
normally, but I can say that I have never had a problem installing and then
opening each update.  The last one I had downloaded was 7.4.0 or 7.4.1….I
can't remember which.

I just downloaded version 7.4.2 for Windows.  The installation went normally
until the little gray box came up saying that  F1 can be pressed for help
anytime.  I clicked on the OK button and the VueScan  'splash screen' with
the picture of a scanner came up….but then it just stayed there while I could
intermittently hear the hard drive whirring.  Ultimately, by closing the
folder that I downloaded to, the splash screen went gray.  I had to shut down
the system with alt-ctl-del.  I restarted and clicked on my VueScan shortcut
and the system again came to a grinding halt on the splash screen.  If I
tried clicking again on the shortcut I was told the file was already being
used.  I rebooted using alt-ctl-del and reinstalled an earlier version of
VueScan that I had saved.  Again, the same thing happens at the opening
splash screen.  Alt-ctl-del always brings up the program not responding box
and I have to reboot.  Again, although I have not used all the prior
downloads I have successfully opened them all.

Would sure like to know what the problem is and  how to fix it and get
VueScan back.

Thanks for any help with this!

Howard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]