>Well, if the G450 works this way, I assume my G550 would do the same, right
>?
>So does that mean that the image itself is 24 color in PS while the 32 are
>only relevant for monitor's appearance ?
>
>Regards,
>Alex Z

I'd say it is only relevant for the display adapter's performance.

As I understand it, 32 vs 24 doesn't affect the monitor's appearance, color-wise.
Rather display adapter operations on pixel data can be performed much faster with each
pixel stored as a 32-bit word instead of parsing 24-bit strings into 32-bit HW.
Perhaps someone who is more familiar with this systems hardware area can better
describe it.

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/