On Aug 9, 2004, at 07:44, "" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use one and it seems to work quite well. One, in theory, could scan a
> roll of film unattended.

fergit theory... that's what I do all the time. <chuckle>

Slice off the leader up to frame 1, throw it in, let it do thumbnail
preview scans of the whole roll, choose settings for each of the
pictures (based upon the thumbnail), rotate to the correct orientation,
and then let'er'rip. :D Works great.

re: thumbnailing and settings, I have a whole collection of settings
for things like snow, sand, landscape, fog, night, over-exposed,
under-exposed, etc. The thumbnails provide just enough info to know
which setting to apply to each of them as appropriate.