I don't know how copyright laws work in your country, but you can
expressly place the music in the public domain in the United States by
placing a statement to that effect in place of the normal copyright notice.

Also, it is life plus 70 in the U.S., which I had thought was in line
with all the signatories of the Uruguay round of GATT.

Paul Delcour wrote:

> No one should be obliged to give their music away for free. That is
> indeed my choice. I do not expect anyone to be prepared to pay for it.
> But current laws state that copyright remains after death of maker for
> 75 years which is stupid. I feel it should even be gone once my piece is
> paid for, but I haven't worked out how to make that work. It's simply
> how I view my work now, it may well change, but hopefully always aimed
> at getting music knwon and performed.
>
> :-)
>
> Paul Delcour
>

> Mark D. Lew wrote:
>
>> At 9:08 AM 06/18/02, Paul Delcour wrote:
>>

>>> So, do I deny them my composing
>>> and arranging skills? No, of course not. Why should I?
>>>

>> If you want to give away your music for free, good for you. That is your
>> right and we all support you in your choice.
>>
>> The only objection here is to the implication that others are obliged
>> to do
>> the same.
>>
>> mdl

David H. Bailey