<< For me, a bracket (vertical line with hooks at top and bottom) next to
two notes usually meant play them simultaneously, even if you have to use
the other hand to do it. If I wanted the notes to be played in succession, I
would write a grace note in front of and tied to the lower note. Were you
talking about a curvy brace like the one that connects the piano staves? >>

No, I was talking about the straight one with the hooks.  What you say makes
sense.  It sometimes looks impossible when the notes are too far apart and
there is a lot to keep the right hand busy, but then, I'm a singer and not a
pianist.  I will remember what you said.

Crystal Premo
[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]