Estimado Andrew,

What is the model and brand of the interface?

If it is a MOTU one, IŽd use only FreeMIDI, that works perfectly well with
Finale.
Besides FreeMIDI offers you a very good list of patches of your synthesizer.
OMS works worse at that (mainly because it has not got any development for
years now.)

[OMS in only required if you are also using Logic, or Cubase. Curiously, you
can install FreeMIDI on top of OMS, and use one or the other at will. In
your case it does not seem necessary.]

Hope it helps.

Javier.