Mark D. Lew writes:

> Speedy Menu/Check Accidentals is a program setting, not a document setting.
> Assuming that that's the problem (as I do), opening a fresh template won't
> solve the problem. It's now in his preferences file and will stay off until
> he turns it back on again.

Yes, Speedy/Check Accidentals turned OFF is absolutely the problem
here.

> For what it's worth, I wonder if this setting shouldn't be taken out of the
> Speedy menu. It's pretty rare that anyone is going to want to turn this
> option off. Having it there in the menu increases the likelihood that it
> will be turned off by accident, and as we've seen in this incident that can
> be very confusing to a user who isn't completely versed in the program.
> Perhaps it makes more sense to stick this in the Speedy Options menu.

Great suggestion. And IMO, there are settings in the "Speedy Options"
dialog that would be better to place in the menu, such as "Fill With Rests"
and perhaps also "Auto Launch Frame". [Send in those feature
requests...]

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson
ICQ #: 78036563