Maybe I can give a clue as to how I got this behavior.

I set up staffs as alto, alto, tenor, tenor, and bary saxes, but on the tenor
staff I was playing around with the clef tool, and accidentally set it to
bass. Well, you would think that would be a "no-op" since it already was a
bass clef (in concert), right?

What it did was change the key signature so that the flats were C, F and G
flat ! ! !
But when I play it, the played pitches ignore the three flats. This also
generates the bad transposition in the extracted tenor sax part.

As my German friend would say, "someting ist verschmuckten in der
liederhosen."

I'm wondering if they give rewards for pointing out stuff like this.

Yours; Tammy