It happens I've just been mucking around in system scaling issues.
Effectively, there is no difference between using the staff height or
using the percentage. They combine to form an effective percentage that
behaves the same, irrespective of which way you enter it. (Finale even
shows you the effective percentage in a non-editable text field.)

So, it boils down to whichever is easiest for you. One thing to
consider, though, is the fact that at least some versions of JW Space
Systems do not work if you change the staff height from 96 evpu. Quite
possibly Jari has updated it since I got it, but at one time it was a
problem. I think JW Space Systems has largely been replaced by new
features in Fin03, so he may not have updated it.

BTW: starting with Fin01, you have much more control if you set all your
system margins to zero, use 100% page sizes, and scale systems instead.
It's something of a paradigm shift for page layout.

And speaking of page layout paradigm shifts, I'm minutes away from an
announcement, so let me go back in my hole for a while...

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com