At 6:29 PM 07/10/02, Chuck Israels wrote:

[answering Jef Chippewa]
>>on the subject of metatools, is there a way with more recent
>>versions [i am using 2001d] to define the functioning of metatools
>>so that when a measure-attached metatool is created, the staff list
>>dialogue pops up, instead of the expression being applied by default
>>to all staves?

>That's not exactly what happens.  The expression gets applied to
>whatever staff list you last used, assuming you left the list dialog
>unchanged since the last application of a measure attached
>expression.  I find this to be not too inconvenient most of the time.

Chuck, I believe you are mistaken.  It is true that when you enter the
Expression Assignment dialog directly, the "show on" field defaults to
whatever staff list you last used.  However, when you use a
measure-attached metatool, bypassing the Expression Assignment dialog, it
will always default to show on all staves.

I sincerely hope that I'm the one who is mistaken and you can show me how
to make it behave as you describe, since that would allow me much greater
use of time-saving metatools.

I am using Fin Mac v2002.

mdl