At 7:19 AM 07/12/02, David H. Bailey wrote:
>You can at least rename them so it seems a lot less kindergarten-ish.
>They do both have to remain on the desktop, but you can put your bottom
>row of icons with their names just hidden by the toolbar. I put the ones
>I never use but can't get rid of down there.  The icons show but the
>names are mostly hidden.

Actually, I changed both names to a space, so that all I see is the
pictures.  Now I've banished them to the far corner of the screen, away
from my real icons (of which I have only three, since that's all I'm using
right now, and I don't like to see anything on the desktop that I'm not
using).

My current problem is that something is turning the "auto-arrange" back on.
I think maybe it's related to a system freeze up I'm getting from one of
my other applications.  It seems like it's only after I reboot that the
icons have re-aligned themselves.  But it's only happened a few times, so
I'm not sure yet.

mdl