On 18 Jul 2002, at 19:34, Doug Auwarter wrote:

> on 7/18/02 11:19 AM, David W. Fenton at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > On 18 Jul 2002, at 1:08, Harold Steinhardt wrote:
> >
> >> What set me off, was my perceived insistence of others who feel, in
> >> the composing process, that a complete midi playback with every element
> >> accounted for is needed for their proofing purposes.
> >
> > Well, no one in this discussion, so far as I have read, has advocated
> > anything of the sort.
> >
> > What set you off was all in the baggage you brought to the discussion.
>
> Maybe not so far as *you* have read, but that's exactly the impression I got
> too. And this is something I find very irksome about this list. Some people
> are incredibly snippy and condescending to others and then accuse them of
> bringing *baggage* to a discussion. A little civility would go a long way on
> this list.

Sorry it came across as snippy, but Harold came across *to me* as
colossally arrogant and condescending.

So, I brought my own baggage, too.

Duly noted.

But I assume the readers of my posts are sufficiently attentive to be
able to judge for themselves whether what I've said is credible or not.
If my rhetorical style puts some people off, so be it.

--
David W. Fenton                         |        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates                 |        http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc