I bought Finale for our High school's main recording computer DAW a
couple of years ago and it basically sat there, only used by myself
(as I slowly converted from the notating using Emagic's Logic).

Then this year I woke up and made all my elective students (years
9-12) download Finale Notepad for their home computers (don't
students love things for free).

Well what a revolution. They are loving it and are handing in most
small assignments using it. With more involved compositions they are
bringing the files in to use the full version.

On a recent year 10 assignment the one student who handwrote his
score was worried that I wouldn't accept it - that's how big the
takeup rate has been.

Coda have hit the perfect balance of making the program limited but
yet still fully functional - much better than crippleware or a demo.

Guess what notation package they all plan to buy after school?

A real win-win situation for Coda and us.

I wish I had done it earlier.

David Stonestreet
--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica,
leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining
planet known as Earth."