> Message: 24
> From: "One of the McKays" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Finale] TAN: real live users
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:23:26 +1000
>
> I expressed myself poorly in my email, and have been misunderstood.
> What I meant was this:
> Other than on the net, I have never met a person who uses Finale, though I
> admit I have met one or two people who use it in high schools.

Dear David,

For what it's worth, just about every (classical) composer who uses a
notation package here in Australia uses Finale.  There are a couple who use
Sibelius (Nigel Westlake, James Humberstone, James Ledger) but the vast
majority use Finale.  So you may have met more Finale users than you think!

One thing though is that there are more and more young composers (i.e. just
out of Uni) who are using Sibelius.  They are attracted by its initial ease
of use.  How long they find it suitable for their needs, however, is another
question which will be interesting to follow in the future.

Matthew