I believe Robert Patterson has a settings-scrapbook plug-in which can
copy what you need from one document to another, so you can open your
default document, and open the new template, then use the plug-in to
copy your settings from the default file to the template.

Of course, the settings may determine how easy it is to do what you want
-- are you talking about custom expressions and articulations you have
defined?  You can save those as libraries from your default document,
then open those libraries into the template you are using.

Eden - Lawrence D. wrote:
> Got an easy one....I hope.
>
> If I use one of Finale's ready made templates, how can I get the settings
> that I am used to working in into the new template?
>
> For example:  my metatool assignments
>
> Larry
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

David H. Bailey