You need to go to the MIDI menu (or the Options menu/Midi Devices in
earlier versions of Finale) and be sure you have selected the proper
device that you have attached your midi cables to, as INPUT DEVICE.

You also have to be sure you have hooked up the cables properly.  Midi
is a circular connection, so the midi-OUT from your organ must be hooked
up to the midi-IN cable of your computer, and the midi-IN on the organ
must be hooked up to the midi-OUT cable of your computer.

--
David H. Bailey