I wrote

Éric Dussault wrote:
>I don't like to use smart shape lines to create the staff. This is not
>flexible and requires a lot more tweaking. Why not create an arrowhead shape
>with a succession of the staffline characters in the Maestro font?

No, not smart shape lines! The vertical lines were made in the Shape
designer, where you have numerical control over placement and line
thickness (with the staff line characters you can't change the line
thickness). I removed the check mark by "Allow Horizontal Stretching"
so that the lines stay the same distance apart in the score. The
shape can still be resized vertically in the score, so it was easy to
place the vertical staff exactly where I needed it.

  A succession of staff line characters as an arrowhead could be
useful if you needed a sloping staff.

Michael Cook