At 6:15 PM +0200 10/23/02, Nico Schliemann wrote:
Hi folks,
I just discovered a really weird bug (?) in Finale 2002b (Mac). I was
entering some notes, and for some reasons I turned of all the check boxes in
the Layer-Options for Layer 1 off. So far, so good. Some time later I had to
do some kicks over time (slashes) in the drum part, and had to turn them on
again. And then suddenly all entrances I've made disappeared (no undo could
help), it was just all gone. Has anyone ever experienced something like
this?
When someone is interested I can also send a file that behaves like this.

What layer were your kicks in? If they were in Layer 1, then slash notation hides everything in layer 1 to show slashes instead.

It is possible (I seem to remember having to edit this a couple of years ago) that slash notation in its default configuration hides things in other layers too. You can make it show items in other layers by editing the alternate notation. If this is indeed the situation, write back again and I can help you through it.

Christopher