I have a piece notated in the key of A minor that should be in C major. I
used the Key Signature Tool to correct this and selected: 'Hold Notes to
Original Pitches: Chromatically'.

However, some C sharps become D flats and some remain C sharp when 'Use
Default Spelling' is selected in 'Options - Enharmonic Spelling'. When 'Use
Spelling TabIes' is selected there, all C sharps become D flats. First of
all, these options in 'Enharmonic Spelling' should not affect "Hold Notes to
Original Pitches: Chromatically" but they do. Second, no combination seems
to preserve the spelling as it should. I am sure that I have used this
feature in the past to change mode without encountering this error. Is it a
Finale 2003 bug?

A small (4K) Finale 2003 file demonstrating the problem is at:

http://www.yatesguitar.com/misc/Transpose Bug.MUS .

Richard Yates