At 09:51 AM 10/26/02, Crystal Premo wrote:
>The man who owns the studio where I do the Finale work has been told that
>Finale 2003 scans music perfectly,

This is flat out not true. I think it certainly works better than it has in the past, but it is in no way perfect. Some here have suggested that a third-party OCR product called SharpEye works better than what comes with Finale. I played with it a little, and that assessment seemed to be true, but it also is far from perfect.

>My feeling is that this will still produce files which will need so much
>cleaning up that it would be just as easy to input whatever needs to be done
>from scratch.

I think this depends. Depending on all kinds of factors, I could see situations in which scanning and OCR plus cleaning up might actually save you some time, but in general I think you're right.

Aaron.