From: Cheryl Shantz [mailto:shantz@;value.net.nz]
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 2:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Finale] Problem with slurs, help please

I wonder if you can help me out please.  I am using Finale 2002 version and
I can't get the slur markings with SmartShapes into my orchestral score.
When I began the score, I started from an old file I used on a very outdated
version of Finale (2.2 I think).  I used this file since it had the setup of
the various staves, etc. that saved me a lot of time setting up.  When I
loaded the old file into the new Finale 2002 version, I was asked if I
wanted it to convert to all the new configurations of this version.  I
clicked OK, meaning yes I did want that.  I've had no other problems until
trying to use the SmartShape slur.  When I click on the SmartShape menu, I
can't get the "Attach to Measure" to turn off in order to use "Attach to
Notes" (which really doesn't matter).  I've followed all the instructions in
the manual of putting in the slur once I click on the slur icon on the
SmartShape palette.  But all it draws is the dotted rectangular box but no
slur inside it.  I've also clicked on "Open Library" in the File menu, then
clicked on "Shapes Library" and opend, then clicked on "Articulation Shapes"
library  and opened.  Still there's no slur when I go back to the score to
draw it in.  As an experiment, I typeset some music in SmartScore Default
and I was able to put the slur in the music with SmartShapes.  Is there such
a thing as merging files such as the SmartScore Default and download it into
the score I'm working on so the slur marking would be there to use?  If not,
is there anything else you can think of for me to try?  Thank you for your
help.  All the best.

Cheryl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---