I don't know how this affects the midi file that gets saved, but it is possible in the instrument list to turn off the chords so they don't play. You might try that and see if it keeps them off for the midi file as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Folks;

While navigating the waters of Finale Bay, I ran into a rocky shoal or two.
I have input the melody onto a PIANO staff and used the Chord tool to input some chords on the score. It supplied the chordal accompaniment, but I don't want the chords to be on the MIDI file that I want to produce. I only want to export the melody, NOT the chordal accompaniment. Sure I can do the melody first, then export it and add the chords later, but there are practical reasons for not wanting to do that, for example if I want to make any changes.

So I was hoping there was a way to separate the chordal accompaniment from the melody onto two different tracks, and that way be able to discard the accompaniment. However, Finale stubbornly insists that they ALWAYS have to be on the same track. When I change one, the other changes also.

Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks; Tammy

David H. Bailey