At 12:13 PM -0500 11/8/02, John Howell wrote:

Well, this is not Finale-specific.  In fact it goes 'way back to hand
copying and before that to the couple of years of drum lessons I had in
high school.

I have always used .. etc
What you are describing is very close to what I've always done (even by hand, before I used a computer)... nice to know that others use the "make it look like it sounds" method. Yes, it would be nice to know that there is some "standard" way of doing it.

Next recording session, I'm going to ask my drummer/ percussionist about this... he plays symphony/rock/jazz/studio work all the time, and I have just given him my "make it look etc" parts, and he just plays them happily, and I've always been in session-panic and never sat down with him to discuss what he'd RATHER see. Might be worth a confab...

Linda

--
Hear the music at:
http://www.ganymuse.com/