As I'm sure you all remember, a little over a year ago, Gary Persons
was killed in an auto crash. He was a member of this list, an author,
and an exellent composer.

At the risk of sounding crass, what is being done to preserve his
music? He had posted several pieces on the Finale Showcase, for jazz
band and other ensembles, including a sonata for flugelhorn, all
wonderful music. It cannot be downloaded, because he had blocked that
function, undoubtedly wanting to sell his work, and rightly so.

It would please me greatly to be able to lay hands on some of these
pieces, legally of course. The work of so great a talent should
continue to be performed.

Does anybody know if he had an artistic executor, or something like
that?

Thanks,

Horace Brock
"Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man.
Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded--here and
there, now and then--are the work of an extremely small
minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost
always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever
this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes
happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip
back into abject poverty.
This is known as 'bad luck'." -Robert A. Heinlein