Le mardi, 17 déc 2002, à 04:35 America/Montreal, Pierre Bailleul a écrit :

Dear all,

1. I'm searching for a font containing various sorts of fermatas and commas.
From short to long duration :
Slashed comma.
^ fermata with 1 and 2 points.
Traditional fermata with 2 points.
Double fermata (2 arcs) with 1 point.
Rectangular fermata with 1 and 2 points.
Double rectangular fermata with 1 point.

2. What is the "real true standard" according to you concerning the duration
scale of fermatas ?
What is the most usual used between double fermatas and simple fermatas with
2 points ?

Fermatas thanks in advance.

Pierre.

Pierre,
look at the staccato font from Bayard-Nizet. It contains most of the symbols you are talking about. I'm not sure that there is such «real true standard », as they are so uncommonly used. To me there is a certain time duration relation between regular, rectangular and triangle shaped fermatas. I've engraved a few pieces of the french composer Éric Pénicaud that were using these symbol, and we felt (me and the editor) that a notation legend was appropriate to explain them, because they occur rarely enough that many musicians would'nt know what they mean.

Eric Dussault