Does anyone still have their MacFin 2.6.3 docs? I'm converting some old files, and I can't figure out how I applied individual staff name fonts and positioning in Finale 2.6.3. I've found the global setting, but the individual ones are eluding me. (I need to find out what they were, because the conversion screws them up. Grrrr.)

--
Robert Patterson

You mean the manuals? I've still got mine. Let's see. Nope: Looks like you can't do what you did: staff name fonts are global only in 2.6. You must have put 'em in as expressions or textblocks or headers. Headers, I bet.

I'm curious as to whether other people's experience w. FinMac 2.6 files matches mine. I find that while they can be opened and edited in System 9, they can't be printed; for that reason I've been gradually updating them. Fortunately the updating algorithm in 2K2 is far better for these old files than it was in earlier versions of Finale (you'd think the opposite would be true, but apparently the folks at Coda/MakeMusic have actually been listening to all my kvetching over the years on this point)

--
Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press

http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/